The Art of Seeing: Composition & Observation
1-Day Photography Workshop
Escape the crowds of Zion National Park while learning new photography skills. Our 1-Day Art of Seeing Photo Workshop is offered daily for all skill levels of photography, just outside of Zion National Park. St. George, Hurricane, Virgin, Leeds are all areas in “Greater Zion” and the landscape here is a photography playground.
Over the course of the day we’ll visit several locations to provide different learning opportunities. We may be by water, in forests, in a canyon or among creosote deserts. Locations aren’t the focus of this workshop but I can assure you we’ll visit beautiful places. We’re aiming to learn more about composition, observation and seeing in this focused workshop.
- Minimal hiking is required for most locations.
- Hiking is customized for your abilities.
- You must be able to carry and transport all of your own photography gear. We’re able to help within reason. If you need assistance, please arrange this with us prior to booking.
- We’ll be at elevations ranging from 3,000 – 7,000 ft above sea level. Summers are hot here, Fall & Spring are perfect and Winter is chilly but mostly mild. Stay hydrated, rest and know hiking/walking will be a little slower here.
- Check the latest weather forecast for St. George, UT here
- Anytime. Observation skills and composition practice happens in all seasons and conditions. Whenever your here is the best time:)
Bryce Canyon – 2 1/2 hours
Las Vegas – 2 1/2 Hours (note LV is on PST and Utah is MST)
Moab – 5 1/2 Hours
Salt Lake City – 4 1/2 hours
- Camera Body (Digital or Film)
- Various lenses. We generally use anything from an ultra wide-angle to medium telephoto. Rarely do we ever need anything wider than 14mm. Please contact me with any questions ahead of our scheduled day.
- Tripod (highly recommended)
- Extra Batteries/charger.
- Circular Polarizer*
- Graduated Neutral Density filters*
- Extra memory cards/film (you’ll use them, guaranteed!)
- Hiking shoes/boots. We don’t recommend sandals or flip flops due to the rugged terrain.
- Extra layers. It can be cold at sunrise and sunset, even in the summer!
- No Food is provided.
- Deposit of 50% due upon booking and the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to Workshop start date.
- Cancellations 90 days or more from the workshop date will receive a full refund minus a $200 non-refundable deposit.
- Cancellations within 90 days of the workshop date are non-refundable. You may apply paid monies towards a different workshop based upon availability. Custom Workshops are available so we’ll work with you in the event you need to cancel within the 90 days of a workshop date.
- Please note “days” are full calendar days.