1-Day Brian Head Photo Workshop
Our 1-Day Brian Head Photo Workshop is offered daily for all skill levels of photography. Learn as you explore Brian Head and create images with professional instruction every step of the way.
Over the course of the day we’ll visit several locations to provide different learning opportunities. Grand views, layers, forests, unique landscapes and beautiful wildflowers all lend to great images. Weekdays often are best here to really avoid crowds, but then again, there aren’t really crowds here to begin with.
- Minimal hiking is required for many great locations in Brian Head.
- Hiking is customized for your abilities.
- You must be able to carry and transport all of your own photography gear. We’re able to help within reason. If you need assistance, please arrange this with us prior to booking.
- Brian Head sits at 9600 feet above sea level and summer days are cool. High temps are often 65-70ºF and I’ve never seen it above 75ºF. Brian Head Peak is at 11,300 feet and we may travel to areas around 6000 feet. This is not a place for those susceptible to elevation sickness or fatigue. ranges from 2500-7500 feet above sea level. Stay hydrated, rest and know hiking/walking will be a little slower here.
- Offered in Summer & Fall only (June 1 – September 20th or so)
- June – August: Wildflowers begin to bloom, the snow is mostly gone and the aspen forests are lush and green. It’s not uncommon to have afternoon thunderstorms during any month in the summer. July and August can be very wet some years during heavy monsoon years. Just remember, active weather means good light!
- September: This landscape changes drastically during the month. Summer monsoons give way to early Autumn storms with snow possible by October 1st. Fall colors begin to arrive in mid September and peak in late September. This is why we offer a Fall Photography Workshop here:) It’s absolutely beautiful in late September!
Duck Creek – 30 Minutes
Springdale/Zion – 90 minutes
Bryce Canyon – 90 minutes
Las Vegas – 4 Hours (note LV is on PST and Utah is MST)
Moab – 4 1/2 Hours
Salt Lake City – 3 1/2 hours
- Camera Body (Digital or Film)
- Various lenses. We generally use anything from an ultra wide-angle to medium telephoto. Rarely do we ever need anything wider than 14mm. Brian Head can be incredible with long lenses of 100mm – 600mm
- Tripod (highly recommended)
- Extra Batteries/charger.
- Circular Polarizer*
- Graduated Neutral Density filters*
- Extra memory cards/film (you’ll use them, guaranteed!)
- Hiking shoes/boots. We don’t recommend sandals or flip flops due to the rugged terrain.
- Extra layers. It can be cold at sunrise and sunset, even in the summer!
- No Food is provided.
- Deposit of 50% due upon booking and the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to Workshop start date.
- Cancellations 90 days or more from the workshop date will receive a full refund minus a $200 non-refundable deposit.
- Cancellations within 90 days of the workshop date are non-refundable. You may apply paid monies towards a different workshop based upon availability. Custom Workshops are available so we’ll work with you in the event you need to cancel within the 90 days of a workshop date.
- Please note “days” are full calendar days.