Halloween Full Moon Hike
Halloween night of 10/31/20 offers a special treat of a full moon! Where better to spend this evening than among the hoodoos of Bryce Canyon National Park! Join us for this unique and incredible photography experience in Bryce Canyon while you create amazing images!
This Photo Tour is intended for those in average hiking shape and is not intended to be strenuous. Please note that hiking at elevation is more difficult for many people. We’ll be intentionally hiking slow and shooting often. The goal is to shoot, hike and have a great experience! Photography instruction will be provided as we photograph sunset and into the early night.
- Offered Halloween Night only 10/31/2020. We also offer monthly Full Moon Photo Walks for other dates.
- Start hiking 4:00PM and finish by 10PM with sunset at about 7:00PM. Please arrive a few minutes early.
- Trail will be either Fairyland Canyon from Fairyland Point (not full loop) or Queen’s Garden Trail (not a loop), depending on conditions.
- About 6 miles total hiking with moderate elevation gain/loss while at an elevation of about 8000′. Click here for information on Bryce Canyon hiking trails.
- Meeting location in confirmation email (depending on conditions)
- No transportation provided. Trailheads are located at viewpoint parking areas within Bryce Canyon National Park.
- No food or water will be provided. Please prepare and plan accordingly.
- $200 per person
- Limited to 4 people total
- Please contact us for last minute inquiries
What to Bring
- Camera Body (Digital or Film)
- Various lenses. We generally use anything from an ultra wide-angle to medium telephoto. Rarely do we ever need anything longer than 300mm or wider than 14mm.
- Extra Batteries
- Circular Polarizer*
- Graduated Neutral Density filters*
- Extra memory cards
- Hiking shoes/boots. We don’t recommend sandals or flip flops due hiking conditions.
- Water & Snacks. Please note we’ll be returning late and restaurants will be closed. We recommend getting a meal to go and eating dinner upon your return or having a meal prior to the hike and bringing snacks. You can also bring a dinner to go and eat at one of the many stops along the hike!
- Extra layers. It will be cold once the sun goes down. Please check the forecast and prepare accordingly. We’ll be updating all attendees with weather conditions as the date arrives.
- *Optional and not required or necessary
This Photo Walk is very dependent on conditions and may be cancelled due to such conditions as storming. We will contact you on the day of the walk if it is cancelled. A full refund will be offered if the Photo Walk is cancelled or you may reschedule.
- All tours are fully prepaid at the time of booking.
- Cancellations 30 days or more from the tour date will receive a full refund or reschedule based upon availability.
- 29 days – 2 days prior: 75% will be refunded or you may reschedule based upon availability.
- Within 2 days: No refund offered, you may reschedule based upon availability.
- Please note “days” are full calendar days.
The planned hikes are not intended to be strenuous but 6-8 miles of hiking at an elevation of 8000 feet is more difficult than at sea level. We’ll be hiking slow with many stops for photos and breaks. If you are unable to complete the walk with the group, you may apply the booking towards a sunrise photo tour, reschedule or $100 will be refunded. Please contact us with any questions or concerns.