Capitol Reef Photo Tour
Our Capitol Reef Photo Tour is offered for all skill levels of photography. We provide professional instruction every step of the way without getting lost in groups.
Our photo tours are always more than simply getting to the “right place at the right time”. We like to think of it as the best place at the appropriate time. Come join us and see what we mean and put it into practice.
- Minimal hiking is required for many great locations in Capitol Reef.
- Hiking is customized for your abilities.
- You must be able to carry and transport all of your own photography gear. We’re able to help within reason. If you need assistance, please arrange this with us prior to booking.
- December – February: Winter conditions with snow and ice common.
- March – May: Nice days but can still bring snow/wind at any time. Orchards in bloom.
- June – September: Busiest time of year with afternoon thunderstorms starting in July.
- October – November: Low light angles, few crowds and AMAZING fall colors.
- Personal Favorite Time: Late October. This is when the park is quiet yet at it’s most beautiful conditions. Want to see in person? Join our Autumn Retreat in 2022 to find out:)
Springdale/Zion – 4 Hours
Las Vegas – 5 Hours (note LV is on PST and Utah is MST)
Moab – 3 Hours
- Camera Body (Digital or Film)
- Various lenses. We generally use anything from an ultra wide-angle to medium telephoto. Rarely do we ever need anything wider than 14mm.
- Tripod (highly recommended for this tour)
- Extra Batteries/charger.
- Circular Polarizer*
- Graduated Neutral Density filters*
- Extra memory cards/film (you’ll use them, guaranteed!)
- Hiking shoes/boots. We don’t recommend sandals or flip flops due to the rugged terrain.
- Extra layers. It can be cold at sunrise and sunset, even in the summer!
- No Food is provided.
- All tours are fully prepaid at the time of booking.
- Cancellations 30 days or more from the tour date will receive a full refund.
- 29 days – 2 days prior: 75% will be refunded or you may reschedule based upon availability.
- Within 2 days: No refund offered, you may reschedule based upon availability.
- Please note “days” are full calendar days.