Bryce Canyon National Park will take your breath away as the sun rises, illuminating a landscape unlike anywhere on Earth. We’ll guide you to amazing locations and provide professional photography instruction so you can maximize your time in Bryce Canyon NP.
Sunrise – Bryce Canyon National Park
The good light starts well before sunrise and lasts well after sunrise. We’ll guide you to some of our favorite locations and ensure you create stunning images!
- Meeting time is 80 min before sunrise.
- Update: We will meet at one of the overlooks (Sunrise Point/Sunset Point). No transportation provided until further notice due to Covid-19
- Light hiking only. We’ll mostly be on the Rim Trail but we can customize the tour for those who prefer hiking. Hiking generally offers the best light and compositions in Bryce Canyon. Plus, we’ll likely be the only photographers there!
- Please be prepared for cold weather. Bryce Canyon can be windy in the mornings and is often colder than you think. We’ll advise you on the weather conditions prior to the tour.
- Tour Duration: 4-5 Hours
- Bryce Canyon offers many composition opportunities with one primary location for sunrise followed by many other locations after sunrise. There is a lot to photograph here!
- $300 per Photographer
- $50 per Non-Photographer
- Limited to 4 people total
- No minimum number of people
- Private Tour
- Please Note: 1 Photographer booking is required
What to bring
- Camera Body (Digital or Film)
- Various lenses. We generally use anything from an ultra wide-angle to medium telephoto. Rarely do we ever need anything wider than 14mm. Bryce Canyon can be incredible with long lenses of 100mm – 600mm
- Tripod (highly recommended for this tour)
- Extra Batteries/charger. USB ports available in vehicle for charging.
- Circular Polarizer*
- Graduated Neutral Density filters*
- Extra memory cards/film (you’ll use them, guaranteed!)
- Hiking shoes/boots. We don’t recommend sandals or flip flops due to the rugged terrain.
- Extra layers. It can be cold at sunrise and sunset, even in the summer!
- No Food is provided.
Cancellation Policy – Bryce Canyon Photo Tours
- All tours are fully prepaid at the time of booking.
- Cancellations 30 days or more from the tour date will receive a full refund.
- 29 days – 2 days prior: 75% will be refunded or you may reschedule based upon availability.
- Within 2 days: No refund offered, you may reschedule based upon availability.
- Please note “days” are full calendar days.
Note: Bryce Canyon National Park occasionally receives extreme wind and in these instances we may give you the option to cancel your photo tour for a full refund or rebook to a different day or an evening tour. These extreme wind events are rare and occur primarily in Winter. No refunds are offered due to any other weather conditions, as such conditions make for incredible photos! If the weather is unacceptable, you may choose to rebook based upon availability for no additional fee. Please contact us with any questions regarding changes or cancellations of your Photo Tour.