Palouse Photography Workshop 2022
May 15-19 & May 22-26, 2022
A Photography Paradise
Join our Palouse Photography Workshop in May of 2022 as we explore this incredible landscape. The Palouse has been called America’s Tuscany with it’s rolling green hills, gorgeous light and endless photography potential. The Palouse of Eastern Washington is a vast area connected by a spider web of dirt roads, highways and paved country roads. Steptoe Butte stands out in the center of the Palouse and offers 360 views of the surrounding area. Other locations throughout the Palouse also offer elevated vantage points to capture the endless layers and compositions and we’ll explore those areas too.
Palouse Photography Workshop 2022 Information
Pullman, WA and Moscow, ID are the largest towns near the Palouse with Spokane, WA being 90 minutes to the North. The weather during May ranges from cool and breezy to hot and stable, from 40-90 degrees depending if there’s a storm or not. This variable weather means variable light and this is why this is a great time to shoot here! May is typically the beginning of the growing season and is vibrant green in all directions. June brings hot weather and MANY more people making late May the perfect time to explore and create.
- ALL inclusive Photo Workshop. Simply arrive to Spokane (GEG) by 5 PM and we’ll take care of everything else. No other workshop makes it this easy.
- Learn while creating images in small groups. The purpose of the workshop is to create and have hands on instruction while exploring. Large tour groups can’t offer this level of instruction.
- This workshop is limited to a small group of 4 people, with 1 instructor. This allows focused help and guiding while allowing our group to be flexible and adaptable to changing conditions.
- We’ll be exploring and shooting during this workshop. This is NOT a tour of well known locations in the Palouse or going from icon to icon. The real Palouse is found on the dirt roads, the surprises around the corners and the ability to chase conditions. There are rustic barns and farms EVERYWHERE.
- Late May is a great time in the Palouse because it’s incredibly green and before the crowds arrive in June.
- We’ll be learning while in the field with professional assistance while you’re making images. Youtube and online tutorials can’t offer this level of assistance.
- You’ll have a private room during your workshop, not shared accommodations. Rest is important since we’ll have early mornings!
- Focus on Composition, Light and Weather. There’s also a heavy focus on telephoto images (200mm+) as well as travel photography.
- Image review after workshop completion is also included. We won’t be covering post processing during the workshop for the simple reason you’ll be too tired.
Palouse Photography Workshop Pricing
$3995 per person – All Inclusive
- All Transportation. You don’t need a rental car. Arrive to Spokane Airport and we’ll provide transportation until you depart.
- Lodging. 4 Nights lodging in private rooms
- Meals. Breakfast & Dinners included. See below for information about lunch.
- Simply arrive to Spokane and we’ll take care of everything until you depart, easy as that.
Palouse Workshop: What's Included
We’ll be staying at the Marriott Courtyard in Pullman, WA. All rooms are king beds and private rooms, no sharing. 4 nights included, arriving on Sunday and departing on Thursday. The workshop begins early Monday morning and concludes 8AM on Thursday morning.
Deposit & Cancellation
- Deposit of 50% due upon booking. The remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to Workshop start date.
- Cancellations 90 days or more from the workshop date will receive a full refund minus a $200 non-refundable deposit.
- Cancellations within 90 days of the workshop date are non-refundable. You may apply paid monies towards a different workshop based upon availability. Custom and Private Workshops are available so we’ll work with you in the event you need to cancel within the 90 days of a workshop date.
- Please note “days” are full calendar days.