Park City Fall Photography Workshop
Fall Colors in Utah
*October 2-4, 2022
Fall Color in the Wasatch Mountains
The Park City Photography Workshop is timed for peak fall colors in stunning Park City, UT. The Wasatch Mountains come alive with color in late September and is one of the most beautiful landscapes in Utah.
I lived here for 8 years and have hiked thousands of miles in the Wasatch Mountains, so yes, I know this area well. Come join me as we explore, create and learn in a stunning landscape over 3 full days.
Photograph Autumn in Park City, Utah
Park City, UT comes alive in Autumn color as aspens, mountain maples and gambel oak fill the landscape with color. I lived in Park City for 8 years and know this area extremely well. Furthermore, I’ve hiked thousands of miles through these mountains in all seasons. Late September is an especially a great time for fall colors and possibly fresh snow. Plus, there’s always a chance of seeing moose!
Are you looking for extended learning and a more in-depth experience in Park City, UT? Consider a Custom Workshop following the workshop dates as the weekend crowds leave. Special pricing is available, please inquire.
Come explore Park City with us! Continue down for registration information.
Park City Photo Workshop Logistics
Park City Photography Workshop
*October 2-4, 2022
*Date has been changed
$1295 per person
Our Park City Fall Photography Workshop is offered for all skill levels. We provide professional and personalized instruction every step of the way, so you won’t lost in large groups.
Our Park City Workshop focuses on learning, creating and exploring in a small group setting. Our workshops are always more than simply getting to the “right place at the right time”. We like to think of it as the best place at the appropriate time. Come join us and see what we mean and put it into practice.
Lodging is NOT included in the Workshop tuition. If you would like a recommendation for lodging, please contact me directly. Park City has many lodging options including resorts, hotels, motels and vacation rentals.
The workshop will leave and return to the Kimball Junction area (near I-80). Please plan on staying relatively close to this area for convenience. It’s also the best area to get in and out of Park City. Please note you will be responsible to get to the meeting location in the morning on time. We will not be picking you up from your hotel in the mornings.
A sample itinerary for 3 days. Be prepared for full days, wildlife sightings and a LOT of colors!
Day 1: Sunrise from 10,000 feet, a short hike among golden aspens then lunch and a break. Afternoon will be a drive West of Park City to more colorful aspens and lakes.
Day 2: Hiking at dawn for sunrise, followed by hiking among aspens and colorful maples. We’ll likely see moose on this day! Lunch and afternoon will be another short hike, colors and likely a moose or two:). Sunset will be from a high mountain road before descending into Park City.
Day 3: Day 3 we’ll explore South of Park City and some large mountains with fall colors. Lunch and a drive to the West again will lead to yet more colors and moose.
- Light to moderate hiking is required for many locations in and around Park City. We also offer Custom Workshops if you wish to customize your experience.
- Hiking is mostly along roadsides, gravel roads and trails, and dirt trails. Rain or snow may create different conditions.
- You must be able to carry and transport all of your own photography gear. We’re able to help within reason. If you need assistance, please arrange this with us prior to booking.
- Park City sits at 7000 feet above sea level. Stay hydrated, rest and know hiking/walking will be a little slower here than at sea level. We’ll be shooting at elevations between 7000 and 10,500 ft.
Park City, UT is about 45 minutes from Salt Lake City International Airport and about 30 minutes from Salt Lake City.
- Camera Body (Digital or Film)
- Various lenses. We generally use anything from an ultra wide-angle to medium telephoto. Rarely do we ever need anything wider than 14mm. Long lenses of 200mm – 600mm can also be useful and fun to use.
- Tripod (highly recommended)
- Extra Batteries/charger.
- Circular Polarizer*
- Graduated Neutral Density filters*
- Extra memory cards (you’ll use them, guaranteed!)
- Hiking shoes/boots.
- Extra layers. October will likely be cold in the morning and days can be mild. It can also be wet or snowy so be prepared for a mixed bag of weather.
- More details available upon booking.
- Deposit of 50% ($650) due upon booking and the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to Workshop start date.
- Cancellations 90 days or more from the workshop date will receive a full refund minus a $200 non-refundable deposit.
- Cancellations within 90 days of the workshop date are non-refundable. You may apply paid monies towards a different workshop based upon availability. Custom Workshops are available so we’ll work with you in the event you need to cancel within the 90 days of a workshop date.
- Please note “days” are full calendar days.