A Day With the Artist – Photography Workshop in Southern Utah
A unique offering to spend a full day in the field with me, exploring and shooting as I would do on my own. This Photography Workshop isn’t your standard Photography Workshop with an itinerary. Instead we’ll be going out searching for images exactly as I do when on my own. This approach to learning and shooting is unique in the “Workshop World” and I’m confident you’ll learn so much more with this approach than any other type of Workshop.
We’ll be out from dawn to dusk and will hike, drive, observe and explore. Locations will be determined by conditions and zero itinerary will be set. This unique offering is for a maximum of 2 people only to maximize your experience. See below for more information. A full money back guarantee is offered if not satisfied but I assure you we will discover and create images no matter the location or conditions. Join me, see for yourself!
Artist Photography Workshop
What you’ll learn
- How to scout and discover new compositions
- Evaluate light and conditions
- How to find unique subjects and compositions
- Explore Utah beyond the tourists
- Shoot with a pro vs instruction with a group
- How to anticipate conditions in a new location
- Making the best images you can with the given conditions
- Adventure & Fun.. Always!!
A Day With the Artist
$700 per Person
Beginner – Expert
2 People Max
What to bring
- Camera Body (Digital or Film)
- Various lenses. We generally use anything from an ultra wide-angle to telephoto.
- Extra Batteries/charger. USB ports available in vehicle for charging.
- Circular Polarizer*
- Graduated Neutral Density filters*
- Extra memory cards
- Hiking shoes/boots. We don’t recommend sandals or flip flops due to the rugged terrain.
- Extra layers. It can be cold at sunrise and sunset, even in the summer! I always have a thin down coat, hat and rain shell. Always.
- I’ll advise you on further recommendations for clothing depending on season/location.
- * optional items
Logistics & Sample Itinerary
- Offered in various locations in Southern Utah.
- Cities for pickup: Kanab, St. George, Springdale, Bryce, Escalante, Torrey, Beaver, Hanksville or contact me to customize.
- Please be prepared for hiking, nothing strenuous but we’re not staying on the road or trails the whole time. We’re exploring!
- Dawn – Dusk. This is a full day with breaks for meals. See below for more information about meals.
- No itinerary. I know Utah very well and know of countless locations to explore. This is what I do in my free time!
- Transportation is included from pick up to drop off.
- Lodging is not included. I’ll meet you where you’re staying.
- Meals are included for the day. We’ll discuss this case by case depending on our location. Some places are limited for food so we’ll plan ahead.
Photography Workshop pricing
- $700 per Photographer
- Limited to 2 Photographers
- Full rate paid upon booking.
- 100% refund if not fully satisfied upon completion of the Workshop.
- Cancellations are not eligible for the 100% refund, see below.
Explore With the Artist
Get off the beaten path and create and explore!
Photography Workshop CANCELLATION POLICY
- Cancellations 30 days or more from the workshop date will receive a full refund
- Cancellations within 30 days of the workshop date will receive a 80% refund. You may apply paid monies towards a different workshop or tour, based upon availability. Custom and Private Workshops are available so we’ll work with you in the event you need to cancel within the 30 days of a workshop date.
- Please note “days” are full calendar days.
- Upon completion of the Workshop, if you’re not fully satisfied with your experience a 100% refund will be offered.