Join us in Bryce Canyon National Park for a custom 1-Day Photography Workshop where we’ll explore and shoot in one of Utah’s most amazing landscapes! This full day workshop will include sunrise through mid-morning, lunch, then an afternoon into sunset. This workshop is more than a tour of photogenic locations in Bryce Canyon. This is a perfect opportunity to both create amazing images and learn new photography skills in the process. Skill levels from beginner to advanced and can be customized for those who wish to hike more or less.
Bryce Canyon Photography Workshop – 1 Day Workshop
Bryce Canyon Photography Workshop Dates
Available upon request on a date you choose.
Topics we’ll discuss during the Bryce Canyon 1 day workshop:
- Isolating a composition
- Cold weather shooting practices (Winter)
- Long lens compression
- Angles of light
- Glowing, bouncing and reflected light
- Location selection
- Experiencing a landscape vs observing
- Observations leading to images
- Working with given conditions of the landscape
- Compositions & Seeing in the field
- Lodging not included in workshop fee. Many lodging options are available in Bryce Canyon which are all close to where we’ll be shooting. We recommend staying 2 nights minimum to include the night prior to our first morning. Bryce Canyon Pines and Best Western Plus Ruby’s Inn are recommended hotels.
- Plan on a light breakfast/snacks while we shoot, explore and hike. We’ll conclude by 10AM for breakfast and can help coordinate meals during the day. Dinner is not included in the workshop fee in the event you will be traveling to another destination after sunset. We’ll eat breakfast at the Bryce Canyon Pines Restaurant (best!) There is a general store at Ruby’s Inn in Bryce Canyon City and a small grocery store in Panguitch (20 miles/Closed Sunday).
- Transportation is not included (Covid 19 – until further notice). We’ll meet at a predetermined point and will mainly be in 2-3 primary locations, all very close in proximity and to the restaurant. Bryce Canyon requires very little driving. Roads are generally well maintained during winter.
- A complete itinerary will be emailed upon registration.
- 6am – Meet at viewpoint. Hike about 5-30 minutes. Sunrise among hoodoos.
- 10:00 AM – Return to hotel
- Break – longer in Summer
- 3:00PM – Meet and return to Bryce Canyon for afternoon hike & sunset
- Workshop concludes shortly after sunset depending on our final location.
- Summer will include a longer mid-day break and Winter will be a shorter mid-day break. Exact itinerary emailed upon registration.
1-Day Bryce Canyon Workshop Pricing
- $600 – Full amount paid upon booking.
- Private group only up to 3 people max and closed to further bookings. Workshop is Private 1 on 1 if booking for one person.
- Field based workshop. No image processing sessions included. We can coordinate an image review and processing session for a later date if desired.
- All Field Workshops are fully prepaid at the time of booking.
- Cancellations 30 days or more from the Workshop date will receive a full refund.
- 29 days – 2 days prior: 75% will be refunded or you may reschedule based upon availability.
- Within 2 days: No refund offered, you may reschedule based upon availability.
- Please note “days” are full calendar days.
- Please contact us for further options in the event you must cancel within 29 days.