Capitol Reef National Park is a photography gem and is the least visited National Park in Utah. This is our favorite location to photograph in all of Utah! Join us and we’ll show you why. We offer both a Half Day Photo Tour and a more adventurous Full Day Photo Tour for those looking to explore Capitol Reef National Park’s off the beaten path areas.
Full Day Adventure Photo Tour
- Meeting time is 1 hour before sunrise
- Transportation is provided from your lodging in Torrey or lodging between Torrey and Capitol Reef NP. If staying outside the immediate vicinity of the park, please plan on meeting at the visitor center. Directions HERE
- Light hiking, but we can customize this tour to your preference.
- Please be prepared for changing weather conditions. Capitol Reef has a wide range of weather and can change quickly. We’ll advise you on the weather conditions prior to the tour.
- Tour Duration: Full Day, 1 hour before sunrise to 1-2 hours after sunset, depending on our location. We’ll explore North and South of Highway 24 and there will be opportunities for breaks during the middle of the day. This can be a long day in the Summer but this is why we love Capitol Reef!
- Food: Due to the long day involved, we include one meal on our Adventure Photo Tour. Restaurants in Torrey will be closed when we return after sunset.
What’s the Difference?
Our Adventure Photo Tour travels Capitol Reef’s Cathedral Valley to the North and the Nottom-Bullfrog Road to the South. Both of these areas are vast and rich with photographic opportunities. Our Half Day Photo Tours primarily stay along the Highway 24 corridor and never get to see these remarkable areas of the Park.
Our Adventure Photography Tour is different
- $500 (for 2 people, photographer or non-photographer)
- Additional photographer: $200 when booking for 3 people
- Additional non-photographer: $75
- Limited to 3 people total
- First booking may choose a private tour for $100 additional. Example: A Private Adventure Photo Tour for a couple – $600 or Private Tour 1 Photographer – $600
- $300 – 1 Photographer when booking separately from group of 2
Cancellation Policy – Capitol Reef Tours
- All tours are fully prepaid at the time of booking.
- Cancellations 30 days or more from the tour date will receive a full refund.
- 29 days – 2 days prior: 75% will be refunded or you may reschedule based upon availability.
- Within 2 days: No refund offered, you may reschedule based upon availability.
- Please note “days” are full calendar days.
Note: Capitol Reef National Park’s weather can be quite dramatic at times and roads may be impassable to all vehicles. If this is the case, we will provide a few options:
- A Half Day Sunrise Photo Tour and refund the difference
- A Half Day Sunrise & Sunset Photo Tour, with a break in the middle of the day for lunch
- Rebook to a different day, based upon availability.
If the weather is unacceptable on the day of your Photo Tour, you may choose to rebook to a different day based upon availability.
What to Bring
- Camera Body (Digital or Film)
- Various lenses. We generally use anything from an ultra wide-angle to medium telephoto. Rarely do we ever need anything longer than 300mm or wider than 14mm.
- Extra Batteries/charger. USB ports available in vehicle for charging.
- Circular Polarizer*
- Graduated Neutral Density filters*
- Extra memory cards/film (you’ll use them, guaranteed!)
- Hiking shoes/boots. We don’t recommend sandals or flip flops due to the rugged terrain.
- Extra layers. It can be cold at sunrise and sunset, even in the summer!
- No Food is provided. We will have complimentary refreshments such as Gatorade, soft drinks and water in our cooler. You may also store food that you bring.
*Indicates optional items and not necessary for this photo tour.
Please see your other photo tours in Zion National Park listed below. We look forward to exploring Zion National Park with you!