Capitol Reef National Park is a photography gem and is the least visited National Park in Utah. This is our favorite location to photograph in all of Utah! Join us and we’ll show you why. We offer both a Half Day Photo Tour and a more adventurous Full Day Photo Tour for those looking to explore Capitol Reef National Park’s off the beaten path areas.
Half Day Sunrise Photo Tour
- Meeting time is 1 hour before sunrise.
- Transportation is provided from your lodging in Torrey or lodging between Torrey and Capitol Reef NP. If staying outside the immediate vicinity of the park, please plan on meeting at the visitor center. Directions HERE
- Light hiking, but we can customize this tour to your preference.
- Please be prepared for changing weather conditions. Capitol Reef has a wide range of weather and can change quickly. We’ll advise you on the weather conditions prior to the tour.
- Tour Duration: 6 – 8 hours
- We’ll photograph one primary location at sunrise based upon current conditions. From there we will spend 2 hours photographing an area with great morning light. Finally, we’ll photograph Capitol Reef’s amazing reflected light. There are so many options here and we can customize locations to your preferences.
- $200 per photographer or $300 per couple (1 photographer, one passenger)
- Limited to 4 people total
- First booking may choose a private tour for $100 additional. Example: A Private Photo Tour for a Couple (1 photographer & 1 non-photographer) – $400 or Private Tour for 2 photographers – $500
Cancellation Policy – Capitol Reef Tours
- All tours are fully prepaid at the time of booking.
- Cancellations 30 days or more from the tour date will receive a full refund.
- 29 days – 2 days prior: 75% will be refunded or you may reschedule based upon availability.
- Within 2 days: No refund offered, you may reschedule based upon availability.
- Please note “days” are full calendar days.
Note: Capitol Reef National Park’s weather can be quite dramatic at times. Our Half Day Photo Tours offer many options for comfortable photography no matter the weather. Thus, we don’t offer refunds based upon weather conditions for our Half Day Photo Tours in Capitol Reef National Park. If the weather is unacceptable, you may choose to rebook based upon availability for no additional fee. Please contact us with any questions regarding changes or cancellations of your Photo Tour.
What to Bring
- Camera Body (Digital or Film)
- Various lenses. We generally use anything from an ultra wide-angle to medium telephoto. Rarely do we ever need anything longer than 300mm or wider than 14mm.
- Extra Batteries/charger. USB ports available in vehicle for charging.
- Circular Polarizer*
- Graduated Neutral Density filters*
- Extra memory cards/film (you’ll use them, guaranteed!)
- Hiking shoes/boots. We don’t recommend sandals or flip flops due to the rugged terrain.
- Extra layers. It can be cold at sunrise and sunset, even in the summer!
- No Food is provided. We will have complimentary refreshments such as Gatorade, soft drinks and water in our cooler. You may also store food that you bring.
*Indicates optional items and not necessary for this photo tour.
Please see your other photo tours in Zion National Park listed below. We look forward to exploring Zion National Park with you!