Full Moon Photo Walk
A monthly Photo Walk in Bryce Canyon National Park timed to photograph the rising moon at sunset. We’ll finish by hiking among hoodoos under the moonlight! Join us for an incredible photography experience in Bryce Canyon and create amazing images!
This Photo Walk is intended for those in average hiking shape and is not intended to be strenuous. Please note that hiking at elevation is more difficult for many people. We’ll be intentionally hiking slow and shooting often. The goal is to shoot, hike and have a great experience! Photography instruction will be provided for those interested.
- Scheduled for the 2 calendar days prior to the full moon. Click “Book Now” to browse available dates.
- Start hiking 2 hours prior to sunset, finish 2 hours after sunset. Exact time will vary with season, times sent in confirmation email. Please arrive a few minutes early.
- 6-8 miles hiking with moderate elevation gain/loss while at an elevation of about 8000′. Trails will vary depending on season and conditions. Click here for information on Bryce Canyon hiking trails. Trails include Fairyland Canyon (not full loop) or Queen’s Garden.
- Meeting location in confirmation email (may vary with conditions)
- No transportation provided. Trailheads are located at viewpoint parking areas and we’ll meet there.
- Photography instruction and tips will be provided for those interested.
- No food or water will be provided. Please prepare and plan accordingly.
- $125 per person
- Limited to 4 people total
- Please contact for last minute inquiries
- Note: May 2021 is unavailable due to an upcoming special announcement.
What to Bring
- Camera (phone is ok but won’t work well after sunset)
- Various lenses. Wide angle up to moderate telephoto is best but bring what you have.
- Extra battery, memory card
- Warm clothes (highly dependent on weather, dress in layers)
- Water, snack
- Fun Attitude!
This Photo Walk is very dependent on conditions and may be cancelled due to such conditions as cloudy or storming. We will contact you on the day of the walk if it is cancelled. A full refund will be offered if the Photo Walk is cancelled or you may reschedule.
- All Photo Walks are fully prepaid at the time of booking.
- Cancellations 30 days or more from the tour date will receive a full refund.
- 29 days – 2 days prior: 75% will be refunded or you may reschedule based upon availability.
- Within 2 days: No refund offered, you may reschedule based upon availability.
- Please note “days” are full calendar days.
- Cancellation policy also applies to weather unless the Photo Walk is cancelled.
- The planned hikes are not intended to be strenuous but 6-8 miles of hiking at an elevation of 8000 feet is more difficult than at sea level. We’ll be hiking slow with many stops for photos and breaks. If you are unable to complete the walk with the group, you may apply the booking towards a sunrise photo tour, reschedule or $50 will be refunded. Please contact us with any questions or concerns.