CApitol Reef Photo tour – Sunrise Adventure
Capitol Reef National Park is a photography gem and is the least visited National Park in Utah. This is our favorite National Park to photograph in all of Utah! Join us and we’ll show you why. This is the real Capitol Reef National Park and we guarantee you’ve never seen anything like it! This tour is dedicated to catching sunrise at some of the most dramatic and wild vistas in Capitol Reef. This is NOT on paved roads and is inaccessible to standard rental cars.
Capitol Reef Photo Tour – Sunrise
$400 – 1 Person
Beginner to Expert
1 – 4 People
What to bring
- Camera Body (Digital or Film) Various lenses. We generally use anything from an ultra wide-angle to medium telephoto. Rarely do we ever need anything longer than 300mm or wider than 14mm.
- Extra Batteries/charger. USB ports available in vehicle for charging.
- Circular Polarizer*
- Graduated Neutral Density filters*
- Extra memory cards/film (you’ll use them, guaranteed!)
- Hiking shoes/boots. We don’t recommend sandals or flip flops due to the rugged terrain.
- Sunscreen/water/snacks Extra layers. It can be cold at sunrise and sunset, even in the summer! No Food is provided.
- *Indicates optional items and not necessary for this photo tour.
Capitol Reef Pricing
- All Photo Tours are Private. No additional bookings after you reserve your Photo Tour.
- $400 – 1 person
- $700 – 2 people
- $1000 – 3 people
- Limited to 3 people total
- +$75 for non-photographer
- All tours are fully prepaid at the time of booking.
- Cancellations 30 days or more from the tour date will receive a full refund.
- 29 days – 2 days prior: 75% will be refunded or you may reschedule based upon availability.
- Within 2 days: No refund offered, you may reschedule based upon availability.
- Please note “days” are full calendar days.
Note: Capitol Reef National Park’s weather can be quite dramatic at times and roads may be impassable to all vehicles. If this is the case, we will provide a few options:
- Sunrise or Sunset 1/2 Day Photo Tour and refund the difference. This is mostly along paved roads in and around Capitol Reef National Park.
- Rebook to a different day, based upon availability and conditions.
Logistics – Capitol Reef
- NOTE: Temple of the Sun and Temple of the Moon are 100% inaccessible by vehicle as of November 1, 2020 until further notice. The Cathedral Valley Road has been destroyed from the North and South and now requires a 5+ mile hike one way.
- Locations are South of Highway 24 until further notice. Capitol Reef is a large park and much of it is beyond the main highway. Road conditions and weather conditions will determine our destination. We will also discuss this upon booking or you may contact us prior to discuss.
- Meeting time is 1 1/2 – 2 hours before sunrise. It’s a commitment to get to these locations, that’s what makes them so great!
- Transportation is provided from your lodging in Torrey or lodging between Torrey and Capitol Reef NP. If staying outside the immediate vicinity of the park, please plan on meeting at the visitor center. Directions HERE
- Light hiking (1 mile with ~300ft elevation gain). We can customize this tour to your preference if you’d prefer not to hike or are unable to hike.
- Please be prepared for changing weather conditions. Capitol Reef has a wide range of weather conditions and can change quickly. We’ll advise you on the weather conditions prior to the tour.
- Tour Duration: Half Day, 90 minutes before sunrise until about noon, depending on our exact location.
- Water and N/A beverages included. We’ll have a cooler for your snacks or drinks.
Capitol Reef – Sunrise Adventure Tour
Off the Beaten Path. Beyond pavement. The REAL Capitol Reef