Create. Explore. Discover.
Our Yant Flat Photo Tour is offered daily for all skill levels of photography. We provide professional instruction every step of the way, so no getting lost in groups.
Our photo tours are always more than simply getting to the “right place at the right time”. We like to think of it as the best place at the appropriate time. Come join us and see what we mean and put it into practice.
- Hiking is required for this photo tour. The sandstone formations begin about 1 mile in. The trail is sandy and slightly uphill. Once there, Yant Flat drops down and we’ll be walking on sandstone.
- You must be able to carry and transport all of your own photography gear. We’re able to help within reason, but if you need assistance, please arrange this with us prior to booking.
- At 5000 feet above sea level, hiking at Yant Flat may be more strenuous for some. Total distance will be about 3-4 miles.
Best Time to Visit
- Winter: Can be inaccessible during times of snow. The road is extremely muddy when wet and impassable. When not snow covered, Winter light is often the best here.
- Spring/Fall: Perfect temperatures between storms. This is the BEST time to hike!
- Summer: Hot. Afternoons are very hot and can have thunderstorms at times. But the evening temperatures in summer are amazing.
- Personal Favorite Time: Spring/Fall. Temperatures are great, no snow or mud and perfect weather.
Springdale/Zion – 1 1/2 Hours
Capitol Reef National Park- 4 Hours
Las Vegas – 3 1/2 Hours (Note Las Vegas is on PST and Utah is MST)
Moab/Arches NP – 7 Hours
What to Bring
- Camera Body (Digital or Film)
- Various lenses. We generally use anything from an ultra wide-angle to medium telephoto. Rarely do we ever need anything wider than 14mm. Yant Flat can be incredible with long lenses of 100mm – 600mm
- Tripod (highly recommended for this tour)
- Extra Batteries/charger.
- Circular Polarizer*
- Graduated Neutral Density filters*
- Extra memory cards/film (you’ll use them, guaranteed!)
- Hiking shoes/boots. We don’t recommend sandals or flip flops due to the rugged terrain.
- Extra layers. It can be cold at sunrise and sunset, even in the summer!
- No Food is provided.
- All tours are fully prepaid at the time of booking.
- Cancellations 30 days or more from the tour date will receive a full refund.
- 29 days – 2 days prior: 75% will be refunded or you may reschedule based upon availability.
- Within 2 days: No refund offered, you may reschedule based upon availability.
- Please note “days” are full calendar days.