Zion Private Photography Tour
Our Zion Photo Tour is offered daily for all skill levels of photography. We provide professional instruction every step of the way, no getting lost in groups.
Our photo tours are always more than simply getting to the “right place at the right time”. We like to think of it as the best place at the appropriate time. Come join us to see what we mean and put it into practice.
- Minimal hiking is required for many great locations to photograph.
- Hiking is customized for your abilities.
- You must be able to carry and transport all of your own photography gear but we’re able to help within reason. Please arrange this with us prior to booking if you need assistance.
- Zion is between 4000 – 6000 feet in elevation. Stay hydrated in all seasons. Summer is blazing hot so hydration and sun protection is mandatory.
- December – February: Generally quiet except Christmas & Holidays. Snow can transform this landscape dramatically but it’s unpredictable. Also no shuttle so you can drive into Zion Canyon.
- March – May: Busy. Spring means crowds and also abundant water due to melting snow. Temps are about perfect for hiking and activities.
- June – September: Busiest time of year and HOT. The Narrows typically opens in late June as highs are now pushing 100F daily.
- October – November: Fall colors, cool mornings, pleasant weather for hiking makes this time of year a favorite. Still busy but manageable.
- Personal Favorite Time: Anytime there’s a storm (rain/snow). Watching a storm pass and clear in Zion will take your breath away.
Moab – 6 Hours
Capitol Reef – 3 1/2 Hours
Las Vegas – 2 1/2 Hours (note LV is on PST and Utah is MST)
Salt Lake – 4 1/2 Hours
- Camera Body (Digital or Film)
- Various lenses. We generally use anything from an ultra wide-angle to medium telephoto. Rarely do we ever need anything wider than 14mm.
- Tripod (highly recommended for this tour)
- Extra Batteries/charger.
- Circular Polarizer*
- Graduated Neutral Density filters*
- Extra memory cards/film (you’ll use them, guaranteed!)
- Hiking shoes/boots. We don’t recommend sandals or flip flops due to the rugged terrain.
- Extra layers. It can be cold at sunrise and sunset, even in the summer!
- No Food is provided.
- All tours are fully prepaid at the time of booking.
- Cancellations 30 days or more from the tour date will receive a full refund.
- 29 days – 2 days prior: 75% will be refunded or you may reschedule based upon availability.
- Within 2 days: No refund offered, you may reschedule based upon availability.
- Please note “days” are full calendar days.